Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Tattoo You!



I got my first tattoo when i was 30, I chose my design because I've always loved horses and Phil Hartman one of my favorite comedians, drew this horse( he used to be graphic artist). It's on the cover of Poco's album "Legend". I did it also as part of a news story I was covering with John Purvis, I remember cause I had to keep shooting after I got the tattoo, Ouch.! I've gotten 3 others since then and after seeing my sisters and nieces new tatts I'm getting the itch to get a new one.

I don't see how people can get a tattoo outta a tattoo flash book. Why would you wanna tattoo that someone else has? It kinda defeats the purpose! I think it should be personal, individual and mean something! (Although I've seen some pretty cool flash tatts on girls!) I wanted to get another Native animal tatt. but I think that's too many totems on me and it can get too powerful and mess me up, I already have a horse, eagle, blackbirds and salmon! So now decisions, decisions, decisions... For a long time I wanted a Day of the Dead Tatt, but now everyone has one and I'll look like a poser, so that's out! I was thinking of The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Japanese artist Hokusai. Yeah its been used alot but it's so beautiful, but it would also mean color and that is where I'm hesitant...

I also like the idea of a Spanish retabo saint, but which one and what era and style? I think when I go home I'm gonna go through all my parents old pictures and see what i can come up with! I'll keep you posted!

No comments: