Monday, October 12, 2009

Passing the Mantle...


I lost track a long time ago on how many concerts/bands I've seen , or remember seeing in some cases! I've been going since 1975 and I haven't stopped. I have a "Bucketlist" on bands I've yet too see and unfortunately some I'll never see IE; Sinatra, Bob Marley, Micheal Jackson, The Doors, you get the point... But recently I've been able to mark a few off that list, last year I saw Willie Nelson, front row (Thanx Alain!) and last Saturday I bought tickets to...Drum roll please, or maybe a cannon shot would be more appropriate, AC/DC !!!
It's just one of those bands that have slipped through my fingers for some reason , maybe destiny, because this time I will be able to take my 11 year old son Tristan! Now for those of you out there who think, isn't he a bit young or isn't it too loud? I say NO! He's already seen Ricky Martin, Sugar Ray, Matchbox twenty, Elton John, Chicago and will soon also see KISS too! I am also gonna require earplugs because of my lack of hearing due to rockin' it too loud in the 70's- 80's ! I've never associated AC/DC with devil or evil rock, they've always fallen into that "All our songs sound alike" categories like ZZ Top and Bon Jovi but a bit better!
I've tried to set a standard for him on what is good rock music and what is crap, but I've left it to him to make his own choice. He chose the Beatles all by himself contrary to my friends belief! So what I want is for him too see some of these bands before the choke on a sandwich, crash a airplane or just get to old to rock out the stage any more! Yeah, Angus is starting to look silly in the schoolboy outfit and spandex is not very flattering on a 57 year old Paul Stanley but I wouldn't have it any other way!
So I've turned into a "concert Dad" but that's cool, he still wants to sit with me and sees that I'm there to see the band and not to be seen, I can live with that, and I'll be damned If he'll wave his cell phone en lieu of a lighter, I'm buying us Bic's so we can kick it old school together!

No comments: