Thursday, February 17, 2011

Your Karma ran over my Dogma

Karma, it used to be one of those things when I was young that I never really gave a second thought to. Maybe I didn't understand what it was , maybe I thought it was another load of crap lesson to make you behave. It wasn't till I was in my 20's that I started to take interest in it. The Bible sez "You reap what you sow" that's easy enuff to understand but I feel Karma is a little deeper. I was brought up to do the right thing, I did most of the time out of  respect and fear of getting in trouble. Doing the right thing is easy when your a kid the consequences are more scary and so you just did it. As I became an adult I saw doing the right thing was not always the best thing and I became a member of the "Nice guys finish last" club. So I became selfish sometimes and did what benefited me allot. That seemed to work for a while and then I started noticing crappy things were happening to me. I didn't like that one bit, I thought to my self "What did I do to deserve this?"
  Of course in my naive selfish mind I tried to relate the bad thing that happened to the situation or person that caused it and not to the fact that I was being a jerk or selfish with other things and this was my payback. It wasn't till then that I discovered Karma and realized that Good becomes Good and Bad Becomes Bad and the return you get from either is never related to the deed itself or the time you receive the Karma back.
  I'm human just like anyone else I have needs, feelings, hopes, desires and most of all emotions. My heart is a fragile one and I'm the first to admit I get my feelings hurt kinda easy. That goes with the territory of me. Most of my friends know this and I get over it right away now. I still ask for it by doing stupid things and have to pay for it in the end. I am now on a mission to right my wrongs though! The say "When you start out on a mission of vengeance, dig two graves" I don't want to end up in one of those graves.
   Some people feel that you can do a bad thing  and if you do a good thing that makes it even. That's not the way it works kiddos! That's self imposed forced Karma which is bad, because the point is you still did a bad thing, you must pay in the end. You must redeem yourself with that person or action. I've been on both ends and it really works. I have friend now that I never thought I could be friends with again but I am. It's because we made our wrongs right and came to a understanding.
 I cant and won't live in a bubble and think I'm immune to all those things and can do whatever I want, You can't, you end up paying for it in the end and in a way you hadn't thought about.

Righting a wrong is a must do in life. It puts you at peace with the situation or person and just makes you feel good.

No comments: