Thursday, February 24, 2011

If you build it...

   Sorry, I've been busy and then my computer of  10+ years up and died on me, two blue screens of death and Goodnight Irene... I had it forever,  I replaced the hard drive and operating system twice and put 3 different DVD/CD drives and 2 cooling units in it, so I guess it had enough and went toes up on me. That's cool, it went above and beyond service, I took it out to the backyard and put two bullets in it and put it outta it's misery. I had a back up computer a friend gave me he's gonna hold down the fort until I can get a new one. I really wanna Mac but it's gonna be expensive and i don't have the patience to save the money for it, I want it now!!! , so I guess I 'll get a $500.00 job and soup it up my way!
  It's funny how the computer is more important than the dishwasher or the dryer, Hell one of those goes out and you do the manual thing. But the computer bites it, it's like one of your kids gets pneumonia, you freak out and wonder what the hell your gonna do, I did! I hate that I depend on it for everything! I've been trying to stay away from it at home but "I keep getting pulled back in", Its my photo album, my typewriter, my mail service , my accountant, my reading source, my encyclopedia, my adviser and so much more! Hell to some it's their lover!
  What I really wanna do is build my own computer it'll be a learning experience and fun and allot cheaper, I've always been a Frankenstein kinda guy so I'm gonna look into that too. Is it nerdy that I can do that, nawww no more nerdier that being able to build your own motorcycle or car, just a different format. In fact that is gonna be a long range project too, build my own motorcycle, I have the resources and the talent to help me, even if I don't ride it a lot It would be so cool. But for now I'm gonna concentrate on the computer, Oh yeah and i saw some plans on the web to build an adobe horno oven from scratch, I'm for sure gonna do that this summer, I'll make it for my parents first and if I like it I'll make my own! God gave me the talents to do cool things and lately I haven't been using them, Life's short I don't wanna live with regrets of a least trying! See ya in the backyard and garage...

No comments: